Digital Media Devices (DMD) including Cell Phones
We wanted you to be aware of a procedure that has been approved by the Majestic Community
Council, Safety Committee and PTA representatives. The use of digital media devices (DMD) is often
disruptive to a positive learning environment and may infringe on the privacy and rights of others. In
order to maximize a positive learning environment at Majestic Elementary the following procedures
concerning the use of DMD will apply.
• Student cell phones and music devices may only be used before and after school. They are not
to be seen, heard, or used during school hours.
• Misused electronic devices will be confiscated and available for parent or guardian pickup in
• Three offenses in a school year will lead to suspension.
• The office phone is available for students to contact parents in case of a school issue or
• School personnel will not be held responsible for electronic devices that come up missing.
• School administration or designee may search digital media devices based on reasonable
suspicion that they may contain evidence of a violation of school/district rules or policy.
• School district policies and State and Federal laws regarding illegal content of electronic
devices will be enforced.
• Any exceptions to the above procedures must be approved by the principal.
Thank you for your support as we work together.